Community Green partners with community colleges to prepare the next generation of sustainability leaders.
Community Green is offering all two-year institutions a free first year of USGBC membership, which provides resources, savings and direct support to help colleges transform their curriculum, campus and community.
Get involved with Community Green now to receive the first year of USGBC membership free.
Community College members benefit from:
Free access to:
- LEED 101: Green Building Basics and LEED online, self paced course
- LEED 201: Core Concepts and Strategies online, self-paced course
- Five in-depth LEED project case studies with a corresponding facilitation guide
- How to Document & Certify Projects: self-paced online course
- Paid from Savings Guide to Green Existing Buildings
Savings on educational materials, courses and exams
Resources and Support
- Green building curricular resources including a sample syllabus, slide deck, and classroom and review questions
- Prep materials for the LEED Green Associate exam, including a practice exam and Learn LEED: How-To Guide for Planning and Conducting Study Groups
- Direct local support to facilitate green building training and engagement opportunities for students
- A Community college membership guide
- Support and grant opportunities to participate in the Green Apple Day of Service
- Promote affiliation with the use of USGBC member logo and certificate
- Access to USGBC.org as a community/connection/promotion tool with other colleges and corporate members
- Opportunities for students, faculty and staff to receive Greenbuild scholarships
Contact Vanessa Santos for more information.