USGBC Board members support undergraduate students from diverse backgrounds in pursuing studies and careers in fields related to sustainability by offering their mentees professional advice, networking opportunities and career building experiences.
Apply to the right of this page to be considered for a mentorship opportunity. Applicants must be enrolled at least part-time at a college or university by Fall semester 2012. Mentorships will run from late August 2012 – May 2013. Deadline to apply for a mentorship opportunity is June 22, 2012.
Students involved in mentorships benefit from the following:
- One-on-one meetings with USGBC Board Members to prepare for a professional career in sustainability. The preparation will be customized to meet the needs of each individual applicant and might include a review of the student’s academic work and discussions about their professional aspirations, as well as assistance with developing resumes and portfolio collateral.
- Access to meet with Board Members’ colleagues in their own companies and in other organizations and professional settings.
- Updates and strategies for potential internship and/or job shadowing opportunities through Board Members.
- Updates on local USGBC events and other opportunities to engage with the USGBC network in their local communities.
- Possible opportunities to engage in green building projects or sustainability initiatives on their campuses or in their communities with support from USGBC and Board Members.
- Support in receiving LEED accreditation and other training and educational opportunities through USGBC and Board Members.