The Princeton Review's Guide to 322 Green Colleges
The Princeton Review and the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) have teamed up yet again to release the fourth annual edition of the unique, free guidebook saluting the nation's most environmentally responsible green colleges.
The Princeton Review's Guide to 322 Green Colleges: 2013 Edition profiles 322 institutions of higher education in the United States and Canada that demonstrate notable commitments to sustainability in their academic offerings, campus infrastructure, activities and career preparation. This book is the only free, comprehensive, annually updated guide to green colleges.
The Guide provides college applicants with:
- School profiles with application, admission, financial aid and student enrollment information
- "Green Highlights" - write-ups detailing each school's most impressive environmental and sustainability initiatives
- "Green Facts" sidebars reporting statistics and facts on everything from the school's use of renewable energy sources, recycling and conservation programs to the availability of environmental studies programs, and green jobs career guidance
- A glossary of 40+ green terms and acronyms from AASHE to "zero waste"
- Lists identifying schools in the book with various green distinctions – among them: those with LEED-certified buildings and those that are signatories of the American College & University Presidents' Climate Commitment