The best place to find out about sustainable design and purchasing trends that are shaping today’s cutting-edge learning environments is EDspaces, which is an international tradeshow and conference that brings together professionals who design, equip and manage innovative learning environments and the manufacturers, service providers and dealers who offer the essential solutions.
This year’s event, taking place October 28-30, will tap into the city’s commitment to sustainable building in New Orleans. Attendees will be able to see and learn how healthier classrooms and more energy efficient schools have improved student performance, helped protect the environment, and saved money for school districts. The Center for Green Schools, along with esteemed architects from around the country, has helped us put together a robust education program.
Here are just some of the education sessions EDspaces has:
- How Disaster Led to Recovery and Reform: The Story of the New Orleans Schools
- The Ongoing Reinvention of New Orleans Schools as Neighborhood Centers
- Putting Sustainable Design at the Forefront: Ohio’s Push for Green Schools
- For Big Ideas, Think Small: Giving Arts-Based School Renovations the Right-Fit
- Playing Hide and Seek with Chemicals – How Formaldehyde Impacts Indoor Air Quality in Schools
- How the Educational Environment Impacts the School's Mission
To wrap up the conference we worked with New Orleans locals to create an “Expeditionary Learning” & Facility Tour that highlights three unique, recently-renovated educational facilities throughout New Orleans many historic neighborhoods. At each school participants will learn from administrators and architects who worked on the project as they discuss the planning, design, build and upkeep process as well as the impact the project as has on the students the schools serve.
Use Registration Code: PEBF1
If you are a decision-maker at a school, college or university involved in any part of the design, building, or refurbishing of an educational facility, you may be eligible for an Educational Facility Grant to attend EDspaces. The grant includes hotel accommodation for up to three (3) nights at an official EDspaces host hotel and full conference registration. The deadline to apply is May 29.