How can you support schools in educating for a sustainable future? An annual subscription to Learning Lab, USGBC’s newest online education platform.
Learning Lab provides K–12 teachers and school leaders with lessons, activities and resources that encourage student leadership, sustainability literacy and real-world action. With more than 400 lessons available in English and Spanish, educators from across the globe can think of Learning Lab as a one-stop-shop for project-based, interdisciplinary K–12 curriculum for a sustainable future.
“These educational resources are ideal for enhancing school or district-wide green schools initiatives,” says Phoebe Beierle, Green Schools Fellowship Manager and former Sustainability Manager for Boston Public Schools. “Learning Lab provides educators a single source for flexible, easy-to-implement and standards-aligned curriculum that is a great complement to—or amplifier of—a school’s sustainability initiatives.”
During the 2015–16 school year, Learning Lab was piloted in hundreds of schools across the globe, and received feedback such as:
“I have been teaching several lessons from Learning Lab and just love this resource. It directly relates to what I am teaching, I am covering important standards, the teaching resources are fantastic and save me a lot of planning time and the kids are totally engaged and having fun.” —Early childhood and elementary teacher, St. Louis, Missouri
“We completed 'The Air We Breathe' lesson and really liked it. It was very well-designed and interesting. The lesson was helpful because it corresponded with the environmental conditions in our area, and that resonated with the students.” —7th grade teacher, Mexico City, Mexico
The Learning Lab subscription is available to purchase for $40 annually. Bulk discounts apply for purchases of five or more subscriptions. A Learning Lab subscription provides access to
- Hundreds of lessons across all grade levels and multiple subjects, in English and Spanish.
- Links to national standards such as Common Core and Next Gen Science Standards, STEM initiatives and environmental and sustainability frameworks.
- Valuable preparation, sequencing, assessment and extension resources.
- A simple user interface with a fully searchable catalogue of lesson plans, easily filtered by grade level, subject and theme.
- Worksheets, PowerPoints, videos and project ideas to connect students to their communities and prepare them for 21st century careers.
- A catalog continually updated with content from leading curriculum designers such as: EcoRise Youth Innovations, The Nature Conservancy, Representaciones e Inteligencia Sustentable, Global Oneness Project, The Cloud Institute for Sustainability Education, NEED—the National Energy Education Development Project, STEMhero, Beyond Green Partners and Captain Planet Foundation.
Contact Learning Lab to learn more and ask any questions about the subscription.